Sunday, September 9, 2012

Vanity Mirror Wing Re-Do

Remember when I did this little makeover on an old vanity mirror?

Well see those little wings that were on the sides of the mirrors?  I have had these sitting in the garage since!  My awesome friend was over awhile back and I was asking her "What should I do with these?"  she said just hook them together and make it like a big mirror!  Well duh, why didn't I think of that!  So that is what I did!
 I still had the old piano hinges from when I took them off of the big mirror, so I just grabbed those and hooked the pieces together.
 This is the front hooked.
Then I painted a few coats of paint (homemade chalk paint of course).  Then some sanding and a coat of paste wax.
Viola!  Old side mirrors turned into one big mirror!
Sorry I didn't get the best pictures since this was already in the booth when I snapped these!  Thankfully this was in and out in a couple of days!  I wonder how the new owner used it?  I am just glad these old pieces got some new use!
Sharing on these fabulous sites!

Funky Junk

No comments:

Post a Comment