Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Orange Chair Fall-ish Project

I decided I needed to go way out there with a color, seems like I have been playing it pretty safe lately!  I bought this can of orange spray paint awhile back and it has been sitting and sitting in the garage.
Oh phew, I did find a before picture!  You never know with me!

This chair was such a pain!  The screws underneath were a square head, and of course I didn't have this tool!  Took me forever to remember to pick one up at the store!

Just for fun, I spray painted the orange velvety upholstery.  Yeah...so not cute (note to self, don't waste paint!)

I sprayed the entire piece with 2 coats of the orange paint.
Some pretty cute legs!

After the paint was dry I used some black glaze and rubbed it all over.
The glaze is the best at toning down the color a bit, and bringing out all the fun details.
I kept it pretty simple with the upholstery!  I didn't want to be too out there, lol!  This is just a piece of drop cloth on the seat.

I was thinking this would make a great piece for a fall porch display, what do you think?
Yeah for fun parties to share on!


No comments:

Post a Comment