Monday, September 17, 2012

Little Red Piano Bench


Another project in the books with some COLOR!  I so hate to admit it, but I totally forgot to take a before picture!  Ugg, I hate that!  Hopefully you can picture it, dark brown legs and a faux leather black top!

I started out thinking I was going to paint this a turquoise blue.  I started spraying and ran out of paint!  Back to my stash of paint and I came up with some red and thought; what the heck!
You can see above where I distressed, you can see bits of the turquoise showing just a bit.  I loved that though!
For the top I had the perfect amount left over from the Thrift Otoman Makeover, yeah for spending no money!

This piece came from a yard sale at my neighbors house.  Thankfully they are super meticulous about taking really good care of everything!  This piece was an oldie, but in pristine condition.

Wouldn't this be a fun little piece at a piano?  Oh, this is making me think of the coolest piano...check it out!
Yes, this is a Painted Piano by Sweet Pickins!  Pretty amazing if you ask me!  Read how she did this here.

Hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the bold pop of color and I'm a sucker for anything black and white. I'm really bad at before pictures too! Great project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those before pics are so hard! You get so excited to start, and just thinking hmmm maybe I should go get the camera...nah, lol!

      Delete
  2. Your furniture transformations are brilliant! Thrilled to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete