Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Easy Pot Holders

Not sure about you....

But my potholders have seen better days.

Stained, thin, umm grossness. (I don't think that is a word, but whatev)

So guess what?  We made some, and they are so cute!

I really like to give credit where it is due, so I am really sorry but I cannot find where my sis got this idea!  I know she was on the internet somewhere...

Here is what you need:

5-Scraps of fabric approx 10"x10"-coordinating (or not if you don't like that)

2-Pieces of bunting approx 10"x10"

Sewing machine and thread to match

Cut your two pieces of bunting and stack them on top of each other.


Then place a piece of fabric on the top of that, make sure it is face up (so pretty side up).  This piece will be on one side.




With the 4 remaining, fold them in half with the pretty side out.  These will go on top of the stack with the edges out.



  You will want to interchange these, kind of like how you fold a box one edge under the other (hopefully that makes sense).]







Geez, enough pictures for you?  Just wanted to make sure it made sense..Oncethat is on the stack, you will want to pin the edges.

Now stitch around the outside.


Trim off the excess fabric.




Now flip the top flaps inside out.





Umm so what is on the counter...really I do clean...once in awhile!
You can leave it like this, but we didn't dig the little flaps hanging open.  So my sis just did a scroll like pattern over the whole thing.  This really made them feel better, and it is cute too!




Oh yeah..and those sweet goodness back there.  They are Oreo Truffles that I made.  Really, really good.  Probably shouldn't make them, you can't eat just one!  I gave my warning.



All Done!

Hope you enjoy!

Ade

Linking to:



http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/2011/12/27/the-linky-party-1227-1231/

3 comments:

  1. P.S. Your header is way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE Tute! I can just see some new coordinating potholders in my kitchen. :) Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so as well! I know someone who can take some great pics!

    ReplyDelete